Powered By Blogger

Sam Coates

Sam Coates

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Marinated Roast on the Grill

This is my favorite "company" dish. I do it on the grill and slice it real thin with an electric knife. The outside may look burnt, but it doesn't matter. Especially  since you slice it thin. BUT OH...the flavor is delicious. Lucy made a note in my cook book to use 1/2 the amount of liquid...so I'm sure she's right. You can judge it for yourself.

5 - lb eye of round roast
1/4 C salad oil
1/2 C white vinegar
1/2 C lemon juice
1/2 C soy sauce
1/4 C Worcestershire sauce
2 T lemon pepper seasoning
1 slice bacon

Now if you  want to follow Lucy's instructions...start with half that amount and see if it covers your roast.
Mix ingredients and pour over  roast and marinade in fridge overnight and up  to 3 days. Bake at 250  degrees for 3 hours covered loosely with  foil. Refrigerate overnight. Slice thin with electric knife. Can be served HOT right out of oven, or cold.  I cook it on grill for about 40-45 minutes, turning it  once. MUCH better than oven I think. Don't worry if it looks done on outside. Can use the meat  thermometer to determine how  DONE you like it. I prefer med. well.

No comments:

Post a Comment