Powered By Blogger

Sam Coates

Sam Coates

Monday, March 8, 2010

Chocolate Pudding Bake

If my family voted on our all time favorite dessert...this would be it...with my Chocolate Pie recipe a close second (will be my next blog). Chocolate Pudding Bake is like Gooey Brownies. It is BEST eaten right out of the oven. Again, you have to use real butter and find Mexican vanilla if you can. When we watch TV at night, this is what my boys want to eat. YUM!

2 C sugar
8 T cocoa
4 T flour
pinch salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 C whole milk
1 t vanilla
3/4 stick butter

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Add eggs and mix to a thick paste. Slowly stir in milk and mix thoroughly; add vanilla and stir well.  I spray a little butter "Pam" on the bottom of a 2-quart glass baking dish. Pour mixture into baking dish and cut butter into small pieces and spread it evenly over the top of the mixture. It will float on top. Bake in 400 degree oven for 40 - 45 minutes. Can be served with whipped cream (i don't).  Serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam! I'm glad you're doing a food blog! This recipe sounds awesome. I have a food blog, too, I'd love for you to check it out:

    lauriesfoodfiles.blogspot.com

    I also have another blog

    sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com

    Have a great week! Laurie Ashmore Epting

    ReplyDelete