Powered By Blogger

Sam Coates

Sam Coates

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gingered Carrots

When you are on a diet carrots taste like dessert (oh well, almost).  I roast carrots whole, not peeled, at 500 degrees  for about 20 min., turning once. I like them a little black on the bottom. Just spray with olive oil pam, salt and pepper. Bring out of the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese or cinnamon. Yum. Great snack. My Child Development staff makes  fun of me because I also love to make Gingered Carrots to  go with most meals. You be the taste judge. If you think ginger and cinnamon is too much, you can 1/2 the amount. But I like it a little on the heavier side. Here's  why:

Gingered Carrots

4-5 med carrots, sliced or small bag of baby carrots
2 T brown sugar
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground ginger powder
1/4 t cinnamon

Combine ingredients.  Cover and cook over med. heat 20-30 minutes until tender. Stir  occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment