Powered By Blogger

Sam Coates

Sam Coates

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Korean Bar-B-Que(Buolgogi)

Lucy was a Journeyman Missionary in  Korea while I was in seminary.  I went to visit her for 6 weeks during Winter break. She had a "cook". With great patience, this kind women let me watch her cook. I wrote down everything she did. My favorite meal was Buolgogi. (pronounced Pull-go-gee). You have to have sesame oil. Only buy the kind that is dark like maple syrup. It has a strong  sesame smell. It is great in meat marinades. My boys always want Korean food and chocolate cheese cake for thier birthdays.I also sprinkle a little sesame oil on steamed broccoli.

Korean Bar-B-Que (Buolgogi)

1 lb sirloin, thinly sliced or in strips
1 T dark sesame oil (it is dark like maple syrup)
3T soy sauce
2 T oil
2 T brown sugar
1 garlic clove crushed (or equivilent of garlic powder)
1 T sesame seeds (optional)
4 T green onion
1/2 t pepper

Combine all ingredients. Marinade at least 1 hour, but best if in fridge overnight. Throw it all  in an electric skillet (or your pan) and brown and stir fry. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment