Powered By Blogger

Sam Coates

Sam Coates

Monday, March 15, 2010

Caramel Sauce

Lucy and I ate lunch at  Grove  Park Inn. Had lots of crab legs...but the best thing was the caramel on their  ice cream. Made me think  of this recipe. Absolutely the BEST caramel  sauce...especially for dipping apples and fruit. After you make it, and it cools off, you can put it in a zip lock bag, put it in the fridge and it will harden like fudge.  Then you can spoon out a little at a time and put in microwave a few seconds to make it sauce  again. You'll want to keep a bag in your fridge all the time.  I got this from a friend in Lyman, SC...it was a secret recipe, so I can't tell you  who I stole  it from. Just a hint, it is the ONLY republican I've  ever voted for.

 Caramel Sauce

1 3/4 C light brown sugar
1 C butter (don't dare use  margarine)
1 C whipping cream
1 C pecans, toasted, chopped

Cook on stovetop for around 12 minutes to soft boil stage. It WILL bubble up.

No comments:

Post a Comment