Powered By Blogger

Sam Coates

Sam Coates

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chocolate Pie

I love CHOCOLATE. Margaret Smith, a friend in Kingstree, SC, gave me this recipe AFTER I moved from there. When the boys were growing up we made this once a week.  It's good as a PIE or just pudding. Sometime when I cook this in  a hurry (on high heat instead of medium) it will get  "lumpy". JUST use a whisk and it  will "smooth out". I promise...this is the BEST Chocolate Pie recipe you can make. Easy!

1 1/2 C sugar
1/2 C flour
1/3 Cocoa
1/4 tsp salt (you have to use this)
3 eggs (or 3 egg yolks if you want to make meringue)
2 2/3 C whole milk (can use skim)
1 tsp. vanilla (I only use Mexican vanilla)
a prepared/baked pie shell

Remember, use the whole egg if you don't want meringue. Combine sugar, flour, cocoa and salt right in the pot.  I whisk it together.  Mix in beaten eggs with a little milk o make a paste with the four mixture.  Slowly add and stir in remaining milk. Stir until THICK (right as it comes to a boil)  ADD vanilla after you take it off the heat. IF it is lumpy, use a whisk!  Pour into a cooked pie crust. (I use the cheap kind already made from freezer in grocery section).

No comments:

Post a Comment