Powered By Blogger

Sam Coates

Sam Coates

Friday, March 19, 2010

Burger Bonus-Over with Chili Sauce/Cheese

This is my favorite quick supper. My second favorite is the Cranberry BBQ ham. This is easy once you do it once. I'm going to try  to explain  HOW I make this. Flipping the meat is a little tricky.  I want this for supper EVERY week. It's a great low carb recipe. Burger without the bread. I've never done it, but this mixture would probably be good inside hamburgers cooked on the grill.

Burger Bonus-Over with
Chili Sauce/Cheese

1 1/2 lbs ground chuck

MIX TOGETHER  IN BOWL
Bottle chili sauce
   (around 1 1/2 C, find near ketchup)
2 C  shredded sharp cheese

Pull out your broiler pan. Line bottom with aluminum foil for easy cleaning.  Pull off a piece of wax  paper twice the  length of your baking  sheet. I cut the ground chuck in 4 sections and lay it on the wax paper the full length of the paper. Put another piece of  wax paper on top and take a glass or rolling pin and roll it out thin. Not too thin or it  won't come  off the wax paper. It should roll out almost to the sides of the w. paper. 

Spoon 3/4 of mixture on 1/2 of your meat almost to the edges.  Fold over the other half of meat and pinch the sides until tightly closed. Season with salt and pepper. Put the meat on the broiler pan. This is tricky. I put it as close to the end of the pan as possible, grab end of wax paper with both hands, and quickly FLIP the meat onto the pan.

My orginal recipe said to BROIL  for 8-10 minutes. I found that it did not cook the meat  thoroughly. So now, I  bake it  at 350 degrees for about 25 min. THEN  broil it for a few minutes until thorougly cooked.  When you know  the meat is done, add the other 1/4 of mixture on the top and broil again until cheese is melted. Remove and slice.

Additions:  Sometimes I add oregano and basil to the mixture. And since  I  LOVE cheese, I add more shredded cheese to the top before broiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment