Powered By Blogger

Sam Coates

Sam Coates

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Apple Dumplings

Yesterday when I blogged Monkey Bread for  breakfast, I also thought about these Apple  Dumplings. If I had to choose, i think I'd pick these dumplings. They are sooooo  good hot or cold. Sometimes I add a piece of caramel or a pecan in with the apple. When you make this the first time, you'll wish you  had doubled the recipe.  Can top it  with a little vanilla ice-cream.  Let me know what you think. I PROMISE you'll LOVE it.

Apple Dumplings

2 packages of 8 oz cresent rolls
4 apples, cored and quartered (peeled or unpeeled, your choice)
Pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice or just cinammon (can even use little ground gloves)
1 C sugar
1 stick of butter
1 can sprite

Roll up an apple piece into each square of cresent roll dough
Lightly  spray butter pam in a 13 X 9 in pan (glass or metal)
Put the apple/rolls in the pan and sprinkle with spice and  a little  sugar on top
MELT a stick  of butter, cup sugar and can of sprite on  stove top
Pour over  the apple/rolls
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lawsie - I looooove these!!! I've gotten everyone at work hooked on these things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making these for a few years now. I do them a little different, though. I use a little more butter and sugar and dip the apples into the mix before I roll them. And then I use Mt. Dew instead of Sprite. But they are delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this recipe!! I have also used Pillsbury Orange Danish rolls. Just unroll the dough and roll portions around the apple. Use the orange icing on the dumpling after it is cooked.

    ReplyDelete