Powered By Blogger

Sam Coates

Sam Coates

Friday, June 4, 2010

Sticky Sweet BBQ Sauce

It's summer and I love BBQ ribs and chicken on the grill...I like my BBQ sweet. Now talkin' BBQ the best in the world is in Kingstree, SC. It's worth a swing through on the way to the beach to stop in at Brown's Bar-B-Que...it's pork cooked in just a vinegar/pepper base.

Sticky Sweet BBQ Sauce

1 12-oz bottle chili sauce (I prefer Heinz)
1 12-oz jar grape jelly
2 T yellow mustard
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1/2- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
1 t salt
pinch granulated garlic or garlic powder
1 T apple cider vinegar (optional) I recommend it.

In sauce pan combine chili sauce  and jelly. Heat over med. heat, stirring occasionally  until jelly is melted; whisk together.  When mixture is smooth and begins to bubble add the rest of the  ingredients. Vinegar keeps it from being too sweet. Cool. Will  keep in fridge tightly covered 1 week. Makes 2 1/2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment